Greece opens its hospitable arms and welcomes us to Athens for the 2016/17 New Year’s International Choral Festival.
Athens remains an ideal location for walking amongst the very foundations of our civilization, escaping the Northern Winter and being immersed in a Mediterranean culture of eating, performance and ancient traditions.
- tour the Acropolis,
- visit the breathtaking new Acropolis Museum
- have a day on the Greek Islands
- immerse ourselves in the rhythms of Plaka
- experience the wonder of Corinth and
- explore the other remarkable features of Athens.
In between we will rehearse 30 minutes of combined repertoire and perform as individual choirs (for those who wish it) exchanging with local Greek performers before bringing this all together in a splendid gala festival concert.
We depart Monday, December 26, 2016 and return Monday, January 2, 2017 (with options for those who wish to stay longer).
Join us as we celebrate the dawn of 2017 with our new Greek friends through the unique comradery singing offers us.