We program individual concerts and performances for those that want them. Choirs combine for rehearsals, songfests and gala concerts in commanding settings with great European acoustics and warm overflowing audiences. Our young singers instinctively know the magic and energy of collaboration.
I am often asked why international touring is important, or even relevant, given limited resources. I believe touring young people’s choirs overseas:
- allows them to reach an elevated level
- builds longevity through energizing new interest
- creates camaraderie that comes from traveling together for a week
- enables young singers to touch the cultures from where so much of our musical tradition flows
- allows young singers to be musical ambassadors for their community, state and country.
I consider the safety and comfort of proposed destinations. I reflect on the repertoire to match and challenge the talent of the registering choirs. I think about the appropriateness of venues and what instrumental accompaniment will provide the richest musical experience. I also look to strengthen your work with your singers, honoring your great talent and dedication.
I’m pleased to invite you to our 2016 French Riviera Festival.
Post a Comment